Monday, February 9, 2009

Domestic Terrorism

I'm sure Jim David Adkisson is mentally ill. But then, most terrorists aren't tied too tight in my opinion. Most especially the ones who are willing to sacrifice their own lives for their hatred of others. Like suicide bombers. Like Adkisson. He apparently never had any intention of getting away with shooting innocent people. In fact, he wants everyone to know why he went to a Unitarian-Univeralist church last summer and shot and killed some total strangers who never did a thing to him.

"This was a symbolic killing," Adkisson wrote. "Who I wanted to kill was every Democrat in the Senate and House, the 100 people in Bernard Goldberg's book. I'd like to kill everyone in the mainstream media. But I knew these people were inaccessible to me.

"I couldn't get to the generals and high-ranking officers of the Marxist movement so I went after the foot soldiers, the chicken (expletive) liberals that vote in these traitorous people."

The killing, of course, wasn't symbolic to the victims or their families. I'm sure that not one member of the rightwing noise machine who like to throw the term, "traitor" and other inflammatory and false rhetoric around would accept even the smallest responsiblity for this man's acts. That's not the way they roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment