Sunday, March 22, 2009

It’s Even a Bear Market for Dinosaurs

Modified version of http://en.wikipedia.org/wi...

Image via Wikipedia

This is the perfect time to stock up on cut-rate dinosaur skeletons, as it turns out.  I’d go for it but we’re a little tapped out at the moment. So, apparently, are museums.

A rare full skeleton of a 150-million-year-old dinosaur languished on an auction block yesterday, failing to sell despite interest from two museums, the auctioneers said.
Neither museum could meet the minimum price - somewhat less than $300,000 - for the 9-foot-long fossil of a dryosaurus, said Josh Chait, operations director of I.M. Chait Gallery/Auctioneers.
The stumbling block "was a lack of funding, more than the price," he said.

When anything that’s 150 million years old can’t bring 300k you know things are rough out there. This could be a great opportunity to corner the market if you’ve got the cash.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I am short on small change at the moment myself... guess I will have to wait till next auction...lol Maybe I can pick it up then.

    ReplyDelete